Thursday, March 11, 2010
311
Responsibility.

It's the bane of my existence these days.

March 11th, is usually a special day for my husband and I. Almost every even year since we started dating we've been in New Orleans celebrating this auspicious musical holiday. The only notable exceptions were 2004, when we were about to be married and poorer than dirt and couldn't afford to go, and 2006, when 311 moved the show to Nashville due to Hurricane Katrina damage. This year due to a medical convention that took hostage to most of the hotel rooms 311 moved the show to Las Vegas.

If I was a selfish person, I would be drinking Rum and Coke, playing the slots, and trying to convince my husband I need two T-shirts this year.

Instead I'm packing up my house, taking care of the kids while he works 2 jobs and attends his indoor soccer game tonight.

That's right not only can we not attend the concert in Las Vegas, mind you, we can't even attend the festivities with our local 311 obsessed friends.

Sober and Alone.

I'll be ringing in 311 day by myself.

That's almost as sad as the fact that I just realized my two favorite songs, Beyond the Gray Sky, and Golden Sunlight are about death. It's not that I didn't know the lyrics. It's more that I wasn't paying attention. I am the quintessential Ass Hat today.

Labels:

2 Comments:
Blogger Kristen said...
Poor Emily. No 311 day for you :-(
But, hey, look on the bright side...you get to hang out with ME tomorrow...and as you should know by now...I am oretty much the coolest chick you know ;-)

Anonymous Megan said...
Hey I got a webcam on my laptop if you want a live visit from us tonight!