Saturday, March 13, 2010
Weekend Fry


This weekend, I get to eat at the restaurants of not one, but TWO Top Chef finalists. That's all I'll say about it for now - I'll tell all about it on Wednesday, after I've actually had my exciting weekend.

In now-news, though, my brain is FRIED. I'm so ready for the weekend. I mean, I've been sitting here looking at the blank screen for... a really long time. Just trying to think of something to write. And my brain is empty. I've done nothing but work and watch TV all week, and I feel like I've already (sort of) written about TV once this week.

I've also spent a ridiculous amount of time on the phone with my doctor's office and the pharmacy in the last two days, trying to get a refill for the same prescription I've been taking for three years. The only thing that needed to happen was for the "OK" message to get from the doctor to the pharmacy. They didn't need ANY new information - no new dose, no new amounts, just the EXACT same thing I've been taking FOREVER. But somehow, I've now made 5 calls to the doctor, 2 visits to the pharmacy, and 3 calls to 3 different pharmacies (just in case it got rerouted to some other location), and... nothing. Tomorrow I'll be completely out of the medicine that keeps me from having migraines, and I still haven't managed to figure out where the miscommunication is.

Can you even imagine how much less thrilled I'll be with this whole situation when I'm sitting on the phone with the pharmacy WITH A MIGRAINE? I'm sure it'll be charming.
1 Comments:
Blogger Kristen said...
Ooooh, no migraines! I sure hope not...for your sake.