Sunday, April 25, 2010
Cleanup
I really wish I had a "before" shot of this weekend's project. You'll just have to picture it in your head.

So on Friday, this room: a) was stacked from front to back with assorted boxes still packed from when we moved in November, bins of craft stuff, and random Christmas decorations; b) had a weird filmy residue on the floor because the dogs kept going in and making messes, which I kept cleaning up with the Swiffer floor cleaner, which just left a soapy scum (better than dog mess, but not much); and c) was unusable as an office/craft room not only because of those things, but because my desk was completely covered in stuff.



This is the result of a Saturday of finding space for boxes/bins in storage and closets, scrubbing the floors Cinderella-style with a vinegar & water solution, and heavy-duty organizing of the crap on my desk.

Only problem once I got all that done was keeping the dogs out - I don't want them messing up my hard-earned clean floor. The doorway's way too wide for a baby gate, so this propped-up table is my temporary solution. It works for now, and we even have our own little rolling-drawers doorway for the humans.

(Oh, and we do have a place for that one remaining box - it's just still there to hold up the table.)