Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Happy Bread Day
Around here, Wednesday is also known as Bread Day.

My sister, who some of you know is a baker, recently started(? birthed? created?) a sourdough yeast starter from, um... some grapes? And other things? It's slightly pink, or was, and smells kind of boozy, and she's named it Boy George.

Anyway, now that it's grown to massive proportions (at least for something that started out as some grapes and... flour and... stuff), every Wednesday is baking day for everyone who orders bread. She brings these fantastically fresh, AMAZING-smelling, still-warm loaves to choir practice, so even though we've just come from dinner, we're all starving by the time we get out.

And then I make sandwiches and toast and all kinds of yummy things. I think next week I'm going to get hoagie rolls instead of a loaf, just to mix things up a little. My other sister got those this week, and they looked really good. And I tend to have some left over at the end of the week, since the loaves are pretty big - I need to find a good bread pudding recipe. Time for some experimenting!

Labels:

2 Comments:
Blogger Emily T said...
oh, yum.

Blogger Bonnie said...
Let me know if you ever want to order... She's right by you. I can get her to send you a menu.