Friday, April 16, 2010
Jesus' Winky Controversy
I am just going to dive right in here because I find this whole story Hilarious (yes, with a capital H). A Catholic church in Oklahoma City has a display of religious art. Seems like a good thing right? It includes a copy of a crucifix hanging in the Vatican. The crucifix in question has one problem. Some people feel that Jesus' man parts are a little too freely displayed and want the crucifix taken down. Other people feel that this is simply Jesus depicted with abs. You be the judge:



Okay, so here is the part where I tell you what I think. I think it's just badly drawn and/or sculpted abs. If this is Jesus' winky then somebody needs to go back to anatomy class. Seems to me the biggest sin here is bad art. I am not going to lie if I saw this in a religious art display I would stifle (or attempt to stifle) a laugh, stare for a minute, and then move on. That's what everyone stirring up this silly controversy needs to do...move on.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:
Blogger Bonnie said...
I'm thinking those are some really horrifically sculpted abs, and someone needs to take it back to the "artist" to have them sanded off.

Blogger Kristen said...
I agree...just some bad art. Those are the worst abs I've ever seen...well, next to my non-existent abs...

Blogger Jenny said...
FYI-stared at my "abs" for awhile and they still don't look like a penis.