Friday, April 30, 2010
My merit badges!
Dear Girl Scouts,

So, I never joined your group. I had a single working Mom and she was busy so I had to be really excited about an activity in order for her to cram it into an already packed schedule. The girl scouts never really rang my bell so it was something we both decided could be crossed off the extracurricular activities list.

That being said I am writing this letter because I think you should make me an honorary girl scout. University's give celebrities honorary doctorates all the time! I am not even asking for a degree just a sash with some kick ass merit badges. Besides, shouldn't I get something for all the money I have spent on thin mints and somoas? Also, I watched Troop Beverly Hills at least 50 times when I was a kid and thats got to count for something.

What prompted this plea for honorary girl scout status? Well, I went camping for the first time ever last weekend. I truly feel I earned some merit badges. Below are some suggestions for merit badges on my honorary girl scout sash.

The Marriage Badge: Successfully setting up a tent with my husband with absolutely no yelling or arguing. This may not seem like anything special to the younger girl scouts but the troop moms totally get it.

The Mud Badge: Surviving the great storm of 2010 with a slightly leaky tent (admittedly it could have been much worse) and the next morning of mud, mud, and more mud.

Mary Poppins Badge: Flying kites is just fun. Period. If you haven't done it in awhile I suggest you do so. However, sometimes getting them off the ground is difficult.

Bravery Badge: Bravery in the face of giant splinter and a dear friend who whipped out a HUGE knife with which to remove it.

Love Badge: Me with my wonderful husband who I love very much. I believe I am laughing because he is pinching my butt.

Tolerance Badge: No explanation necessary.

So there you have it girl scouts. I have pleaded my case and I expect my fancy green sash in the mail any day.

Thank You in Advance for your Consideration,

Jenny


6 Comments:
Blogger Bonnie said...
Troop Beverly Hills! I loved that movie! Wonder if it's on Netflix...

Now I want a kite...

Blogger Unknown said...
That was great! Once again I laughed a lot at your wit!

Blogger Kristen said...
Funny! Looks like you enjoyed yourself...yes?

Blogger Jenny said...
I could have done without the torrential downpour on the first night but otherwise I had fun!

Blogger Jenny said...
Bonnie, I should I have gotten you a kite for your birthday. Next time.....

Blogger Bonnie said...
But I love what you got me!