Friday, April 23, 2010
Watch out wilderness here I come....
Okay, so in about 30 minutes I leave for my first "wilderness" adventure and by that I mean camping. I am not exactly what you call an earthy girl. I like fancy hotels, pools, and air conditioning. So this is going to be interesting. I have to admit I have been pretty grumpy this week running around town shopping for the best deals on camping gear, getting my car ready, and making what seems like endless trips to hell (aka Walmart).

I was at maximum capacity grumpy today when my friend Leah came over to help me pack the car and she totally called me on it. I admitted I was frustrated and grumpy and that I needed an attitude adjustment. After that I managed to put on my happy face and we got the car loaded. It's nice to have a friend that will call you out when you are being a party pooper.

So with my new sunny outlook I am heading into the wilderness. I have enough stuff in my car to furnish a small apartment. Since my friends drive a Jeep they don't have a lot of cargo room so we are hauling all the stuff for 5 people. My little SUV looks like it belongs to the Clampetts!

I am sure I will have details to share on Monday but right now I am going to make like a tree and leave!

(who doesn't appreciate a good nature pun?)





1 Comments:
Blogger Kristen said...
Have fun!?!