Sunday, May 2, 2010
Clever Sisters
My sisters just blow me away sometimes.

So this weekend was my birthday, and I had a kick-ass birthday party with my family and best bitches and lots of Beatles Rock Band. And my sisters! Like, ok, you know those families you hear about where they have, like, "everybody make presents for each other for Christmas" rules, and nobody's allowed to buy anything, and you totally feel sorry for them, because how much does that have to totally suck?

Um, if that were my family? Which I'm kind of thinking it should be? You'd want to be adopted by us. Because check this out!

So one of my sisters apparently collaborated with my husband (because no way did she come up with this in like one night, because it's completely awesome) and made this completely amazing iPad case:


This is handmade! I mean, it fits like a glove, and has pockets on both sides for earbuds and charging cords and whatever, and it's padded, and has super-soft fleecy fabric inside to protect the screen - the detailing is just to die for (that buttonhole actually does lie straight... I just set it down wonky when I was taking the picture) - and how great is that fabric? AND she put handles on it so I can carry it by itself, but they're little enough that I can throw the whole thing in a bigger bag. So great!

And then my OTHER sister, the baking one, made this:



Check out that cute poodle! (It's an apron, by the way - I didn't take a picture of the full length because the poodle's so adorable.) I mean, seriously - is this an argument for a family etsy store, or what?

Labels:

4 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
Wow, how cool! Your sisters are soo talented!

Blogger Kristen said...
Totally...get the etsy store going!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Shucks! And um... That kind of totally was all done Friday after our Dr. Who-a-Thon on the iPad... Should I admit that? Does it make me a horrible procrastinator? Or creative genius? Or both? Can you BE one and not the other?

Abbey

Blogger Bonnie said...
Dude! Seriously? That's awesome!