Thursday, May 6, 2010
Extreme Yard Makeover

So I have been bitching politely requesting that we redo the landscaping in our yard forever. However, not being a fan of manual labor and not being very knowledgable about plant related things I wanted to hire a professional. We finally got the funds to do so and the transformation is pretty great. See for yourself!

BEFORE: boring, builder landscaping with zero color or personality.


AFTER: color, flowers, and personality!

When I was a little girl I always pictured my dream house to be yellow with a red front door and lots of pretty flowers. I think I got pretty close!

We planted yellow and purple bushes (i know the fancy names but I don't feel like trying to spell them right) and knock out roses.

The yellow roses stared blooming today but the red are a little behind.



Mark and I had a battle over the hanging baskets. Clearly I won.

Now we can sit on the porch, rock in our rockers, and yell "GET OFF MY BRAND NEW LAWN!" at the neighbor kids. AHHH, Suburbia.

2 Comments:
Blogger Bonnie said...
It looks amazing! I've always loved your porch - so perfectly southern and inviting.

Blogger Kristen said...
What a gorgeous transformation!